Live, Love, & Create

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lux Coffee Bar

Today is the kind of day that I just want to close my eyes, relax, and sip on a coffee at Lux Coffee Bar.











Whether it's a mocha, espresso, or cappuccino Lux has it all, and don't worry the posh atmosphere does not seem to hinder the staff from being friendly.




Lux doesn't just have coffee. Along with a freshly brewed cup of Joe you can enjoy a decedent pastry, baked earlier that morning.





Check out these artsy cards with the company name printed on them. I think they are fabulous.




If you're ready to run out and get a coffee then you know what I've been feeling all day. Maybe I'll see you at Lux later.



Lux is located on North Central Avenue near downtown Phoenix.



~Venti Bliss Mocha



I love Saturday mornings when I get up early to go get an iced mocha. I carry my laptop with me, and sit at a wooden table after getting my order. I write, but I stray from thought and look up enjoying the ambiance. I am curious as I watch people come in and order. I watch them either leave, bustling out the front door with the white chipped paint, or I watch them linger, as I myself am doing. I watch and wonder what kind of lives these people live. I wonder if they are happy. I wonder what kind of jobs they have and what motivates them. I wonder what makes them sad or hurts them. I wonder what they fear.


I take another sip. The iced mocha is cold, and bitter sweet. It reminds me of my life. I try to take the bitter with the sweet, because I know I can't handle either in extreme, but I still wish life were all sweet and no bitter. I guess that's the kid in me.


I stare at a blank computer screen wondering what to type. What should I say? Should I try to explain life? Should I write about love? Should I write about my life? Should I write about the people coming and going?


Then it hits me. It is without warning that I discover the very inspiration that I needed to focus my ideas. It grabs me and pulls me into another existence. I take a drink of the dark liquid and feel bliss. The words come as if they already existed, and the story writes itself.


~Kelly Curly

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this great coffee shop! I must try it now. :) You pics look great so inviting, they should give you a discount for the fantastic write-up. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andi! I'm so glad you liked this post and I hope that you can go there. I think you'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! i didnt know you liked Lux! i looooooove Lux!

    ReplyDelete