Live, Love, & Create

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Time Pie

I love the summer time. Relaxing and enjoying family and friends. Getting together for your favorite barbaqued treats, or just lounging around in the evening on a plush hammock. But what would summer be without our favorite summer time pies?




















I've always loved the tangy tart filling contrasted by the maragine of a lemon maragine pie. Add a crumbly crust and it's perfection.


Banana Creme pie anyone?

Doesn't this slice look delicious. Add a hint of vanilla and you've got your own summer beach getaway.

Key lime summer time!

Last year my husband and I found a recipe on the Martha Stewart show showing you how to make this pie from scratch. I slaved away over little key limes getting every last bit of juice out of them. The time was worth it. It was one of the best pies I've ever had. It was that perfect pairing of sweet and sour. I added home made whip creme to finish it off. Pure decidance!

Got a sweet craving for key lime? Visit the link below for the recipe.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/key-lime-pie





















What would summer be without a toasted coconut creme pie. That deep rich flavor, that hint of vanilla, the sweet crunch of warmed coconut slices. Is your mouth watering yet?

























A personal family favorite, strawberry rubharb, can make for a great 4th of July pie. Just use your regular pie crust recipe and buy a small star shaped cookie cutter. You'll have this pie done in no time and be ready for the holiday.
By now you're probably ready for some summer time pie.

Happy Baking!

1 comment: