Life had been normal and routine. I needed to get away from it all, to see something new that would inspire my thoughts, and help me to organize my ideas. This past weekend was just what I needed; starting with seaside inspiration.
.jpg)
Seaport village is a magical place. There are horse drawn carriages like this one that go up, and down the streets. At night the carriages have twinkling lights on them. It's all very romantic and beautiful.

One of the best things about the location is that you are right next to the bay, and can watch the ships coming into port. I love the beautiful fountain. The sceneary alone melted months of stress.

This adorable little girl was holding this. Everywhere you go at Seaport village there are entertainers and people who make amazing things.

On our second day we had Andy's neice's birthday. Diana is such a cute girl. We're blessed to have her. After the party we went to the beach. I loved just watching the waves crash into the sand, and picking up smooth charcoal colored rocks.

When it got dark we went to the Pier to eat. Though you cannot tell from this picture it was actually very crowded with people fishing. The long pier went far out into the ocean. Once seated and eating it was a strange thought to realize right below our family was the water. Once we left the cafe' I was able to take this piture. The air was so cold and the sea mist felt so good against my skin. It is a night I will always remember.

The trip was worth this picture. It is my favorite of all the pictures I took while in San Diego. As we are walking on the pier little Diana looks back at me. It is like in her eyes there is a story-one that I may never fully know.
The cold of the salty sea breeze pushes past my face. My hair is caught by the wind and floats freely until I pull it back. Golden rays of sunlight filter through the clouds down onto murky waves. The sea is calming as the tide comes in, and I watch as the cold water nears my feet. I am at peace here. All the calamity of the world that has been resting on my shoulders simply releases into the wind.
.jpg)
What better way to start a trip to San Diego then to go to Seaport Village to shop. Over 50 cute little cottages nestled amongst skyscrapers, the little village of shops stand out; however, this time is special. I'm on a mission. It is my good friend Andi's birthday next week. I know exactly what I'm going to get her.



.jpg)
What better way to start a trip to San Diego then to go to Seaport Village to shop. Over 50 cute little cottages nestled amongst skyscrapers, the little village of shops stand out; however, this time is special. I'm on a mission. It is my good friend Andi's birthday next week. I know exactly what I'm going to get her.

Seaport Village Shell Company is one of my favorite stores to visit at Seaport Village. My husband took me to this shop on our honeymoon. He knew I would love it, and he was right. Our first time there we bought a beautiful gel candle that smelled like the ocean on a clear day. It was the smallest candle, and we still have plenty of it. The best part about gel candles is they last forever. 
I got Andi the largest vanilla scented candle. It looks just like the one pictured above. She had to have it. I knew that it would warm her spirit as it burned brightly, and bring her happy blissful moments as she knitted. I made her some brownies to go with it. Every girl deserves a little chocolate on her birthday!

I got Andi the largest vanilla scented candle. It looks just like the one pictured above. She had to have it. I knew that it would warm her spirit as it burned brightly, and bring her happy blissful moments as she knitted. I made her some brownies to go with it. Every girl deserves a little chocolate on her birthday!
.jpg)
Seaport village is a magical place. There are horse drawn carriages like this one that go up, and down the streets. At night the carriages have twinkling lights on them. It's all very romantic and beautiful.
One of the best things about the location is that you are right next to the bay, and can watch the ships coming into port. I love the beautiful fountain. The sceneary alone melted months of stress.
Along with the beautiful fountains there is also wild life. We saw this elegant crane. At one point he even caught a bright orange fish in it's beak.
Of course while shopping I'd find this. I love watermelon things. I'm such a sucker for them. Of course you all know I adore Hello Kitty. This is at home on my night stand.
This adorable little girl was holding this. Everywhere you go at Seaport village there are entertainers and people who make amazing things.
On our second day we had Andy's neice's birthday. Diana is such a cute girl. We're blessed to have her. After the party we went to the beach. I loved just watching the waves crash into the sand, and picking up smooth charcoal colored rocks.
When it got dark we went to the Pier to eat. Though you cannot tell from this picture it was actually very crowded with people fishing. The long pier went far out into the ocean. Once seated and eating it was a strange thought to realize right below our family was the water. Once we left the cafe' I was able to take this piture. The air was so cold and the sea mist felt so good against my skin. It is a night I will always remember.
The trip was worth this picture. It is my favorite of all the pictures I took while in San Diego. As we are walking on the pier little Diana looks back at me. It is like in her eyes there is a story-one that I may never fully know.
It reminds me of life, and though I am right in the middle of it-I may never fully understand it. I guess I am just a simple person. As the night ended I found myself cuddling in the cold with Andy watching dark waves crash against jetting rocks, yet surrounded by the warmth of family. It was bliss.








No comments:
Post a Comment